Sports
Wimbledon allows Russian and Belarusian athletes to compete as neutrals

Russian and Belarusian players will be able to compete at Wimbledon as neutral athletes after the All England Club reversed its ban from last year on Friday.
Players at the renowned tennis tournament must sign declarations of impartiality and comply with “appropriate conditions”, including not expressing support for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
“This was an incredibly difficult decision, not taken lightly or without a great deal of consideration for those who will be impacted,” All England Club chairman Ian Hewitt said in a statement.
Contestants cannot receive funding from the Russian or Belarusian governments, including sponsorship from companies operated or controlled by the states.
The All England Club said the conditions were developed through talks with the British government, the LTA and “international stakeholder bodies in tennis”.
Those impacted include Australian Open champion Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus and Russian players Daniil Medvedev and Andrey Rublev.
Other tennis tournaments have allowed Russian and Belarusian players to compete as neutral athletes.
“We also consider the alignment between the Grand Slams to be increasingly important in the current tennis environment,” the club said.
The same neutrality conditions will apply for Lawn Tennis Association tournaments used by players as grass-court warmups for the sport’s oldest Grand Slam tournament.
“There was a strong and very disappointing reaction from some governing bodies in tennis to the position taken by the All England Club and the LTA last year with consequences which, if continued, would be damaging to the interests of players, fans, The Championships and British tennis,” the club said.
This year’s Wimbledon tournament will start on July 3. The women’s final is scheduled for July 15 and the men’s final on July 16.
The statement comes amidst the International Olympic Committee’s recommendation of letting Russian and Belarusian athletes compete as neutrals in several events, triggering potential boycott from several countries.
Sports
Monza, Alessandro Nesta and the special derby with Como

So Alessandro Nesta, Monza coach, on the eve of the match against Como: “It’s an important match for us because it’s been a difficult season, we’ve been missing something. Winning a derby can help put a piece to the season, it would be important, we hope to do well.”
Facing us will be mister Cesc Fabregas who in the conference spoke of a Monza that was difficult to beat and that, net of the standings, put many teams in trouble: “I return the esteem because he plays great soccer, his idea has been seen throughout the championship. I have to congratulate him”.
The derby against the Larians will be the first ever in Serie A at the’U-Power Stadium: “I hope tomorrow will be anyone’s day, anyone who wants to do their best to make history. If you win 1-0, 30 years from now we will remember that derby won because of a player. It’s an opportunity to stay in the history of this club. I would rather win the derby than finish second to last. You are always relegated, but if you win the derby you stay in history”.
Nesta recovers, at least for the bench, Luca Caldirola, Andrea Carboni and Stefano Sensi. “What I try to convey to the players are the difficulties I had. I had surgery 10 times and stopped at 38. All players have difficulties, but it matters how you react to difficulties. It’s easy to tell that I won the Champions League or that I won the World Cup, but you also have to tell that I lost a derby 5-1 and that I left the Olimpico in a helicopter. If you are given up for dead, you have to bring out the fire in you. Would I reconfirm myself next season? No, given the results”.
Sports
Not just the Doohan crash: four red flags at Suzuka

When there were 30 minutes to the end of FP2 resumed the activity on the track, interrupted for the Jack Doohan’s very bad accident.
But the red flags were soon back flying for the’Fernando Alonso off the track, ended up in the sand without consequences for driver and car.
The tow truck had to intervene, however, to pull the’Aston Martin out of the gravel. Meanwhile, Doohan is at the medical center for checks.
Moral of the fairy tale, the second free practice session was interrupted four times by red flags, two due to Doohan and Alonso accidents and two due to principles of fire on the grass at the edge of the track due to very strong winds.
Sports
Federica Brignone’s first words after her injury

Federica Brignone spent a quiet night at the La Madonnina Clinic in Milan. The Fisi Medical Commission that examined her this morning is satisfied with her post-operative course. Later in the day, the champion from Valle d’Aosta will begin assisted physiotherapy.
The ANSA reported the first words after the terrible injury at the Italian championships in Val di Fassa of the winner of the overall World Cup, the second of her career, as well as the downhill and giant slalom trophies and gold in giant slalom and silver in super-G at the World Championships.
“At the happiest time in my career, it just didn’t take, I had another month of work ahead of me and I was looking forward to it. Instead, I will have to face a new challenge in which I will put all of myself, as always,” Federica said.
“The track conditions were great, I was fine, and if I went back I would do everything the same again….trying, however, not to fall!” added Federica finding the strength to joke.
-
Health & Society4 days ago
The Art of Earthing – Grounding Yourself for Better Physical Health
-
Health & Society5 days ago
Natural Sleep Solutions – Creating a Restorative Nighttime Routine
-
Health & Society6 days ago
Cold Showers and Beyond – Embracing Temperature Therapy for Vitality
-
Sports5 days ago
Inter: Acerbi’s renewal is already there and the clause is no longer a concern
-
Politics2 days ago
EU Parliament Tackles Steel Industry, Fundamental Rights, and Budget Priorities in Plenary Session
-
Sports5 days ago
Napoli-Milan, Bruscolotti warns: “Leao gave us so many sorrows”
-
Sports2 days ago
NBA, Steph Curry and Nikola Jokic show: Memphis knockout, Minnesota no
-
EU & the World2 days ago
Is Cory Booker Still Speaking? How Long His Filibuster Lasted