Sports
Australian Open: Tsitsipas ‘feeling great’ after reaching semis

Australian Open: Tsitsipas ‘feeling great’ after reaching semis
Comment
Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece reacts after he wins a point over Jiri Lehecka of the Czech Republic during their quarterfinal match in the Australian Open tennis championship. – Copyright Ng Han Guan/Copyright The AP 2023. All rights reserved
By: Euronews You can also find out more about AP
The Australian Open semifinals are now in reach for the Greek tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas after he beat Jiri Lehecka of the Czech Republic on Tuesday.
Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated Jiri Lehecka in the Australian Open semifinals with a score of 6-3, 7-6 and 6-4.
The 24-year old will face Karen Khachanov, a Russian, at the Rod Laver Arena on Friday.
“I’m looking forward” to the match. He said, “It’s great to be in the semifinals again.”
“Ofcourse, I’m satisfied with how I’ve performed so far.” I’m looking forward to more, to better. “I’m looking forward to creating some magical experiences in Australia.”
Khachanov, one of three Russians ranked in the top 20 players, reached his first Australian Open semi-final with a 7-6(5), 6-3 and 3-0 retd. On Tuesday, Khachanov beat Sebastian Korda.
The 26-year old has angered Azerbaijani authorities after he wrote on the camera lens “Stay Strong Artsakh” after defeating Frances Tiafoe, and Yoshihito Nishioka in previous matches.
Khachanov is Armenian and was referring the disputed Nagorno Karabakh territory between Armenia and Azerbaijan.
The Azerbaijan Tennis Foundation demanded that Khackanov be penalised for the message he sent to the International Tennis Federation in a letter.
On the court of Rod Laver Arena, Victoria Azarenka showed the same brand of confident, hard-hitting, take-the ball-early tennis that brought her two Australian Open titles, and the No. 1 ranking a decade ago.
The Belarusian star defeated No. The Belarusian star defeated No.
The No. The No. Elena Rybakina is the reigning Wimbledon winner, who defeated 2017 French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko 6-2, 6-1.
Watch Euronews’ report on the video above to learn more.
Sports
Milan, Tammy Abraham sheds light on her future

Tammy Abraham punished Inter again in the derby first leg of the Coppa Italia semifinal. After the decisive goal in Riyad with which he gave the Super Cup to the Rossoneri, the English striker found the goal of the momentary lead with the Nerazzurri, who tied the score with Calhanoglu.
“I am really happy for the goal for me and for the team– Abraham said in the press conference. “Then we didn’t win, so we are not happy and we have to fight for the next game, being positive, knowing that we are a good team”.
Then the’ex-Roma spoke about his future: “I do not know my future now. Milan is a great club, very passionate. I want to fight until the end for this club. Staying does not depend only on me”.
“It is a difficult season for everyone. We have other games though, every game is a final. There are always ups and downs. I would have liked to score more but the season is not over. There are 11 games to fight for. We want to play in Europe. We want to try to win the Italian Cup” Abraham concluded.
Sports
Lewis Hamilton, disqualification behind: “Immediately looked ahead”

Lewis Hamilton spoke at a press conference on the eve of the Japanese Grand Prix, scheduled for the weekend. “I heard some people say some nonsense – he began – like I would be losing faith in the team. I can say I believe 100% in this team, obviously there was a huge hype at the beginning of the year, probably a lot of people expected us to win right away, starting from the first race, but that was not what I expected.”
“I’m coming into a new culture, a new team, and it’s going to take time – added the British driver. “I’ve spent the last couple of months just observing how the team works compared to the other two I’ve worked in before. During the past week I have been able to take notes and point out areas where I think we can improve, and this process will continue throughout the year as we learn more and more from each other”.
Then he came back to the disqualification in China: “In general during a race you always avoid areas of the asphalt where there are bumps, in Shanghai at the exit of turn 13 the bottom was not touching the asphalt, there was not even rebound or anything like that, so I had no warning. Regarding disqualifications, we all know that all these single-seaters are set to the limit in every parameter, personally I didn”t feel any frustration when I was made aware of it. It is what it is”.
“We immediately looked ahead, I was in Maranello on Wednesday and learned a lot. I would say the most impressive thing was seeing how the team worked, how they processed the data and how we worked ahead of this weekend, that is the most important thing” Hamilton concluded.
Sports
Jannik Sinner, Riccardo Piatti name 4 names for post-Darren Cahill

Riccardo Piatti, former coach of Jannik Sinner, gave a lengthy interview to Corriere della Sera in which he spoke about his former pupil with whom he parted ways more than three years ago: “When I finished with Jannik I admit I had a few months of daze, then I went toward what I like: teaching tennis. The Piatti Center is not a supermarket: you go through a growth process here. I did that myself. It was a mental click, priorities changed but tennis remains at the top of my thoughts. Now I chase kids” dreams.
“Everyone remembers the match with Daniel, in Melbourne, in January 2022, when he said: ‘be calm, ca**o’ – continued the Italian coach -. He was mad at me for court stuff, it had happened before: it is normal dynamic between coach and player. That is not the problem. I always wanted Jannik to become independent, I knew he would leave one day. But with him I had to be the strict, sometimes rigid coach: that was my role. Ljubicic scolds me that I used to tell him: you decide, Ivan, but then you do as I say. For Jannik, this penalty, at one point, was too much to handle”.
.
Then he mentioned a few names for the post-Darren Cahill, who will leave the’Alto Adige at the end of the season: “Carlos Moya, who I had already considered. He has been No. 1, he knows the circuit. Humanly he is a very good person, like Darren. Renzo Furlan, now that he stopped with Paolini, is free. Ljubicic is very good. Or Becker, whom we had contacted; however, working with Boris is more complicated. The names are these”.
Closing on the return of the world number one, expected at the Internazionali d’Italia: “He will be strong right away. I really believe he can make the Grand Slam this year. The suspension has extended his life: he will arrive at the end of the season fresh. You play too much, mentally you never stop. He will come back energized and motivated. He always has been. In the pandemic many took advantage of it by not training, Gasquet in the doping stop gained eight pounds, Jannik did not lose a day. He knows perfectly well where he wants to go”.
-
EU & the World7 days ago
Innam Dustgir’s Approach to Public Relations
-
Health & Society6 days ago
Cold Showers and Beyond – Embracing Temperature Therapy for Vitality
-
Politics7 days ago
EU pledges €3.4 billion to combat global malnutrition
-
Health & Society5 days ago
Natural Sleep Solutions – Creating a Restorative Nighttime Routine
-
Health & Society4 days ago
The Art of Earthing – Grounding Yourself for Better Physical Health
-
EU & the World5 days ago
Young Scooter’s Kids: About the Late Rapper’s Daughter & Sons
-
Politics6 days ago
EU supports the EU wine sector to cope with market uncertainties
-
Sports7 days ago
Olimpia Milano still knocked out, Ettore Messina doesn’t mince words